This amazing creation came about this past weekend, when I realized it was too late to get Sausage Biscuits at Hardee's. At the time it was 11:15, and the more I thought about them, the more I wanted them. So, I remembered I had this super easy recipe for Easy Drop Biscuits from this recipe, and a package of turkey sausage links in the freezer. And voila! These suckers are INCREDIBLY delicious, I'd even venture to say not only are they an adequate substitute for Hardee's, they're better.
Homemade Sausage Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, baking powder, and salt; pulse until pea-size clumps form. Add the milk and pulse just until moistened.
- Drop 6 large mounds of the dough (about ½ cup each) onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, microwave/cook your sausage of choice and assemble once the biscuits are out of the oven.
- I used what I had in the freezer which was Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage links. I sliced them in half long wise and used 1.5 on each biscuit
- These are a little messy to eat as the biscuits crumble, but if you eat them fast enough, that's not a problem!
Are these something you'd make for you or your family?