Today I want to share with you the contents of my cosmetic bag, and the products that I rely on daily to keep me fabulous! You can see the contents of my purse here, but I am planning on updating with a new post now that I am working full time.
The bag itself I won from Theresa of Delightfully Darling’s mark. giveaway, and came filled with a plethora of samples and 4 glorious lip glosses! I love pink. Obviously. And I love animal print. So you can see that I am in love with my animal print cosmetic bag! It’s the perfect size for what I carry around too which doesn’t hurt.
- My Tagalongs Tool Card for Ladies, $8, here. I bought this at TJMaxx or Ross and I think I paid $3 or less. I cannot tell you how many times this sucker has come in handy. It’s the size of a credit card, and the width of about 2-3 credit cards, tiny! The scissors are my favorite part. They only have one finger loop, so they’re a little awkward to use, but it’s convenient when there’s nothing else.
- Cynthia Rowley Band-Aids, ~$4 Target. I picked these up a few months ago because they are absolutely adorable. If you have to use a band aid, it should be one of lace or sequins!
- Essence Colour & Go Nail Polish in Sweet as Candy. $1.99, Ulta. I have yet to use this nail polish, but I love the fact that I carry this and a top coat around with me at all times in case of an emergency. Yes, I consider bare nails an emergency at times. I say that, yet I’ve been rocking nekkid nails about 1 week out of each month to let my nails breathe and to treat them. The small size makes it ideal for a cosmetic bag, and the pale pink is a universally flattering color.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, $5-7, drugstores. I try to make a habit of applying this twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I have a few cuticle creams, but this is the best so far. Again, the small tin container and the price are perfect for me.
- Nivea Crème Lotion. $.99, Target I picked up a couple of these a few months back and am currently on my second tin. The lotion is thick and is perfect to use during the cold winter months on dry, chapped hands. It’s a bargain at $.99, and the small size makes it perfect for carrying in your purse.
- Philosophy Lip Gloss in ‘pretty please’, $3, Big Lots. I meant to do a post on the philosophy products I picked up at Big Lots, but it slipped my mind. I still have the pictures, so I still have time… I looked this up and you can purchase here for $17.50! Woah. I’d say that’s a great find! It’s small, it’s pink lip gloss, and I love it. That’s enough of a description, right? I also picked up some face makeup, powder, and illuminator at Big Lot’s for $3.
- Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle Pen, $6, drugstores. Even though I carry Burt’s Bees cuticle cream, I like to carry this one as well for convenience. The tip is a brush, which is much neater than rubbing on the cream. As far as growth results, I’ll be honest, I haven’t noticed a considerable difference. Then again I haven’t used it every day either.
- Goody Hair Ties. $2.50, Target. Both of these hair ties are by Goody and I purchased them at Target. I usually wear my hair down, but I like having the option to pull it back from my face with a cute hair tie. Neither of these are going to hold your hair back tight, especially if you have thick hair, but they’re cute and do the job.
- Zoya Hot Lips in Kiss Kiss. $6, Zoya Through my ‘Share the Love’ rewards points through Zoya, I was able to pick out a bottle of polish and a lip gloss for free, responsible only for the shipping. The first time I did this I went with my fail-safe lip gloss color: a pale pink, and ended up throwing it into my lip gloss drawer, never to be used. This time I decided I wanted to go with a statement color after having been inspired by Megan from The Frugalista Diaries post.
- benefit BAD gal lash mascara. $19, Sephora. I did not pay $19 for a mascara, I received it in a birchbox a few months ago. I figure the best way to freshen up my face is to carry mascara and lipgloss at all times. It’s come in handy! Nothing takes me from Walmart-fresh on the weekends to Target-chic better! I don’t see what makes this mascara worth $19 but I love that it fits perfectly in my bag.
What are some of your beauty essentials that you carry with you?