I have been meaning to share this recipe with you for almost a year now, I was selfish keeping this to myself! The original recipe can be found here, having been directed there from Pinterest.
I teased you a few weeks ago with this picture, and I am finally delivering....I promise you it was worth the wait!
One Pot Mac & Cheese
*read these through entirely before beginning recipe!*
1. Rinse uncooked pasta under cold water and let drain.
2. Add milk, macaroni, salt, butter, mustard powder and nutmeg to a medium pan; slowly bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. While the mixture is coming to a boil, stir continuously so the macaroni does not stick together. Do not stray far from the stove, keep your eye on it and keep stirring!
4. Once milk/pasta mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low to continue to cook, stirring continuously until the milk begins to become absorbed by the pasta, about 10 mins.
5. Once the milk has evaporated, add the grated cheese and stir to incorporate. Let rest 5 minutes, season with additional salt and pepper if desired, and serve immediately.
Here are a few progress pictures so you get the idea:
My favorite way to serve this is with a ham steak and side salad...my mouth is watering right now thinking about it!
This mac & cheese is extremely creamy- creamier than the box version, and come on- not so bad health-wise! Definitely a worthwhile indulgence.
Is this something you'd attempt?